Chief Financial Officer
Dialectic Alpha Machine AG, a Swiss-based crypto-native organization of builders and investors, is seeking a Chief Financial Officer with strong Swiss tax and accounting experience on a full-time basis in Zug, Switzerland. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-growing team focused on investing and building compelling software in emerging crypto and blockchain technologies.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for global financial control and accounting for our group of entities including statutory accounting, tax reporting and financial control for the corporate entities within Switzerland as well as for our founding members. The candidate must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to work autonomously and be willing to take responsibility for achieving the desired results.
Dialectic is the investment advisor for several offshore funds that serve investors globally. Though not necessary for the role, experience in offshore fund accounting and reporting as well as related areas would be very advantageous.
- Be responsible for global financial control, accounting and reporting across our group of entities (Swiss and foreign), the offshore funds we advise and our founding members.
- Be responsible for all reporting required by the Swiss tax authorities.
- Lead analysis of tax optimization across jurisdictions and other data-driven business decisions.
- Communicate directly with relevant external parties such as the tax authority and auditors.
- Maintain and produce internal cost accounting records, budgets and consolidated group reports.
- Analyze and pro-actively report on any potential process gaps and actively cooperate with teams to address them appropriately.
- Continuously evaluate the financial reporting process in order to improve effectiveness and efficiencies, identifying and implementing harmonization and standardization with internal stakeholders.
- Consolidating net-asset-value of the family of funds on a monthly basis.
- Supporting founder's personal tax and cash flow reporting on a bi-annual basis.
- Consolidate reporting and review for a range of limited partnerships and group entities.
- Coordinate, review and perform the tax projects for the principal of the company.
- Assist with tax rulings and capital raises for our Swiss entities.
- Handle payments including payroll and coordinate authorizations internally.
- Proven track record in a senior finance role in an asset management environment or related area
- 4-5+ years of experience in an accounting/tax reporting role dealing with multiple entities and utilizing consolidation accounting.
- Strong working knowledge of Swiss Accounting and IFRS standards, Swiss CPA is a plus..
- MS Excel/Google Sheets super-user with a track record of clear and reproducible documentation in all areas.
- Proficient in Xero, QuickBooks or similar off-the-shelf business accounting software.
- An interest in integrating vanguard tools into their work such as AI co-pilots for financial models, expense classification and financial control.
- Integrity, humility, intellectual curiosity, honesty, and forthright communication. We are a team of open-minded intellectuals who utilize a dialectical approach to determine what is true.
- Ability to work autonomously and to be responsible for achieving the desired results while also contributing to the success of projects shared by the wider team.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Experience in offshore fund accounting, including shadow accounting and working with an independent fund administrator.
- Knowledge of master-feeder as well as onshore-offshore fund structures.
- Knowledge of Cayman SPC structures.
- Strong understanding and experience with typical hedge fund terms and documents including offering memorandums, portfolio supplements and subscription agreements.
- The ability to take ownership of back and middle office functions related to managing offshore funds including engaging and managing fund administrators as well as compliance, regulatory, fiduciary, audit, and legal service providers.
- Some level of experience in and/or knowledge of crypto/blockchain technologies
- Big 4 Experience
- Strong network in Switzerland and beyond and be able to support capital raise activities.
Work will primarily be onsite in Zug. The Candidate should be located in Switzerland or able and willing to move to Switzerland in the short term. We also have regular company off-sites, which employees are encouraged to join, where we perform sprints on specific projects.
Dialectic offers the best work culture:
- Dynamic and collegiality in a small team working in fields that are shaping the future of our society.
- As a modern employer, we offer you contemporary working conditions, a lot of space to develop yourself alongside the company, and exciting and challenging projects.
- Competitive compensation, bonus, and compelling participation opportunities.
- Exposure to extremely talented people and very interesting clients with unique investment profiles.
- Generous vacation and benefits package.
- Supportive work and team atmosphere with flat hierarchies and a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Dialectic is an equal-opportunity employer with a highly diverse workforce.