Lava Labs is looking for a Client Developer to join our growing team in Nottingham, UK.
Reporting to the Lead Client Developer, you will be responsible for developing various parts of our upcoming Unity3D title AFAR, focusing primarily on the client-side functionality, with the potential to work in both gameplay and/or lower-level tech.
- Create, debug, maintain and optimize various features/systems/tools for the AFAR title
- Writing clean, efficient and robust code using C# and Unity.
- Collaborate with other disciplines eg. production, design, art
- Ensure reliability and performance through bug fixing and optimisation.
- Work closely with Leads and Producers to plan and schedule tasks
- Help the team highlight and solve potential problems as they arise.
- Keep up to date with best practices and new Unity3D features.
- Good working knowledge of C# and Unity3D.
- Proven debugging and critical analysis skills.
- At least 2 years experience working in the games industry.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working on a multiplayer game.
- Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with Version Control Software (eg. Perforce)
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as Lua
Whilst we have listed the requirements above, we recognise individuals have a wealth of talents to offer that can be of tremendous value, so whilst you may fall short of one or two of the requirements, you may have skills in other areas. We therefore strongly encourage you to apply if you feel you can demonstrate the skills required for the role.